At Montana Dental Arts, we are dedicated both to helping our patients get the treatments they need and to helping them afford it.
We understand that providing the best possible dental treatments and procedures is only part of achieving better oral health; making certain that our patients can afford the care they need is just as important.
We help our patients afford their smile by:
- Educating our patients about dental insurance and dental financing.
- Offering a number of varied health care financing options.
- Offering multiple treatment plans that fit a variety of budgets.
- Speaking with your dental insurance policyholder about your coverage and plan.
- Creating a slower, more affordable pace for your treatments when necessary.
Our Payment Policies
- Before your first visit, please provide us with your insurance information in the form of your dental insurance card. We will ask you about your dental insurance at subsequent visits, but be sure to alert us to any changes in your coverage so that we have your most current information on file.
- Payment is expected at the time of service unless we have signed a financial agreement. For our patients with dental insurance, this includes any deductibles or copays.
- We will submit your insurance claim to your insurance company and help you receive maximum benefit. However, we strongly recommend that each patient review their insurance coverage and benefits limits carefully.
Our Financing Options
Many of our patients find that in order to receive the dental treatments they require, they need take advantage of financing options. At Montana Dental Arts, we offer dental financing options through two companies:
These financing options allow you to get the care you need right away and are tailored especially for dental and healthcare expenses.
Understanding Dental Benefits
Although having dental benefits can help making your dental care less expensive, many of our patients are surprised to learn that their dental plan does not fully cover many of their dental costs, even when it comes to recommended or necessary procedures. This is because your insurance coverage doesn’t depend upon your dental needs, it depends upon the details of your benefits plan.
What should you know about dental benefits in general?
- You should read your dental insurance policy very closely to understand which procedures are covered and how much they are covered for. If you have a question about coverage, don’t hesitate to call your insurance company or our office for assistance.
- Your dental plan may only cover dental care from certain providers. Check to make certain that your dentist is in your network in order to keep costs down.
- Your dental insurance plan may not cover preexisting conditions that affected you before you enrolled in your plan.
- Your dental plan may not fully or partially cover treatments or procedures that are “not dentally necessary.”
- Your dental plan may cover a treatment, but only for a limited number of times. For example, your plan may only cover two cleanings per year.
- Some dental benefit plans will only pay for the least expensive alternative treatment (LEAT) available for your condition. For example, your dental plan may cover partial dentures but not a tooth implant.
- Many dental plans have an annual maximum: a dollar amount that the insurance company will pay out over any one given year. After that maximum is met, the policyholder will be responsible for all following bills.
It is vital to understand that just because your dental benefits do not fully or partially cover a treatment does not mean that you should not opt for that treatment. Although dental insurance can be helpful in affording your treatment, it should not be the only factor you consider when planning your dental care. Your needs as well as the recommendation of your dentist should be taken into account. In the end, your oral health, your comfort with your smile, and your long-term dental health goals should be considered when planning and budgeting for the care of your mouth and teeth.
We accept Delta Dental, Allegiance, and Missoula County insurance among others. Including Assurant, Aetna, United Concordia, Guardian, Americas, Principal and MetLife. Call us or inquire within to find out more.
Have a Question About Dental Benefits or Dental Financing? Talk to Us.
Our team is here to help you afford the dental care you need and the smile you want. We can help you understand your dental insurance coverage, review your financing options, and create a plan that works for you, your oral health, and your budget. To ask us a question or to schedule a first visit, please contact us today at (406) 728-6068.