SureSmile® clear aligners prove that effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. These ingenious appliances have helped millions straighten their teeth and achieve better-looking smiles.
SureSmile® Aligners in Missoula, MT
Clear teeth aligners like SureSmile® are effective and discreet orthodontic treatment options that are worn comfortably over your teeth to continuously adjust alignment and spacing.
SureSmile® aligners are custom-made using models of both your current teeth and the end result you hope to achieve. With SureSmile®, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks with each set shifting the teeth slightly—this continues until you have achieved your final results, which can take anywhere from six months to two years.
You remove any type of clear aligner for eating, drinking, and cleaning only. At first, they will feel very tight, but they will begin to loosen and feel more comfortable after a few days.
How does the SureSmile® process work?
To begin, we will take photographs of your teeth and face, dental impressions of your teeth, and X-rays. Those records are sent to a lab with detailed instructions on how we want the final result to appear. Your impressions will be scanned to create a 3D model of the teeth and work with your dentist to get the mold to its exact proportions. Once final, the trays are made and mailed to our office. You will wear a set of trays for two weeks at a time for approximately 2 years, or the length of time determined by your dentist.
SureSmile® vs. braces—what's the difference?
There are many differences between SureSmile® and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of SureSmile® to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Materials. SureSmile® uses clear transparent plastic, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Removability. SureSmile® can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Food Restrictions. SureSmile® allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Injury Risks. SureSmile® does not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Visibility. SureSmile® is nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
If you would like to set up a clear aligner consultation, if you have any questions about how clear aligners work, or if you're unsure if clear aligners are right for you—contact us today!